Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had husband's family over for Thanksgiving this year.  It was delicious!  I tried a new make-ahead mashed potato recipe.  It was good, but I think I like my old standby better.  The turkey was delicious, and we had NO rolls left over!  My girls did not believe me this morning when I told them.  Yams, green beans, corn, stuffing, cranberries, gravy.  I stuffed myself completely silly and couldn't move.  I usually get a load of dishes in the dishwasher as soon as we're done eating, but I couldn't get up for a good hour or so.  After letting all that settle, we started in on pies.  Husband's sister made a cherry pie with home bottled cherries.  So tart and SO delicious!  Husband's brother and his wife, my cute sister-in-law, had made puree out of the massive pumpkin they got from Grandpa this year.  So they made a truly homemade pumpkin pie.  It was so yummy!  And I made a couple of apple pies that turned out pretty darned delicious, if I do say so myself!  I wish I'd had more room for pie.  The kids had a fantastic time playing with their cousins, and little brother had his two favorite people there.  Uncle David and cousin Alex.  He went back and forth between them all night, even insisting that David get him ready for bed.  Good thing Uncle David is such a nice guy!  It was a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I love reflecting on all the things I'm grateful for.  There are too many to count.  And now on to Christmas!  I am in decorating mode today!  Oh, how I love this time of year!

No comments: