Big sister complained to me a few days ago that she doesn't like how much I make them clean the house before Thanksgiving. In all honesty, I don't ask much of these kiddos when they're in school. Summertime and off-track time, they get a few extra chores, but for the most part they unload the dishwasher, make their own beds and keep their rooms clean during the week. Bathrooms and vacuuming happen on the weekend. She doesn't have much to complain about. I've been doing my annual pre-holiday deep clean. We've reorganized and de-junked, cleaned the carpets and the couches. And all that other stuff that I don't normally do. I just do a little every day in November, and then our house stays a little cleaner through the holiday season, which makes it easier to enjoy. For us, anyway. Big sister thinks it's cause Thanksgiving dinner is always at our house. She was shocked when I told her I'd do this even if it was at somebody else's house. Husband and I just like things to be cleaned up. She thinks we are crazy! And perhaps not thrilled that I have informed them there will be a few extra jobs to do tomorrow on their first day off school before they can do all the playing they think they're gonna do...
No comments:
Post a Comment