It is my big sister's birthday this month. The one who currently resides in Afghanistan because she is the world's most awesome soldier. We think about her often around here, and how we can help her not be bored/lonely in a boring and lonely place. We send packages and chat on facebook if we happen to be on at the same time. So for this month I have decided to try the whole posting every day thing, for my sister's sake. Hopefully we won't be adding more boredom to the boredom...Enjoy Aunt Summer!
We did our sleepover exchange again in October. This time big brother didn't want to be the only one sleeping all by his lonesome, so we put the twins in with him. They loved it! Until around 2 am, when big brother decided that the cousin that ended up perpendicular to everyone else was cramping his sleeping style. We ended up putting big brother back to bed in little sister's room, all by his lonesome. Funny boy. But this picture is rather sweet, I think!
We did a pretty good job of celebrating Halloween this year. I even got around to making sugar cookies, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed helping to cut out and frost. And eat. Here's little brother and his best mischievous face. He clearly thinks he's getting away with something since he has 2 cookies on his tray!
Big sister really wanted to pose. She's cute. And I must say, she's got the frosting thing down. Not too much, not too little. I ate a lot of the cookies she frosted 'cuz they were just right!
Big brother enjoyed every last minute of this activity. He grinned the whole time, just like this. He "wuvs" cookies, and I'm pretty sure he ate 4 that night. Our own cookie monster.
Little sister LOVES frosting, but didn't want to get messy. Her cookies ended up with practically no frosting on them. Which is funny 'cuz that's her favorite part! But she sure had fun.
My kiddos. I like them.

No comments:
Post a Comment