I can't believe I didn't post yesterday! In my defense, it was totally crazy doing dinner for Husband's family. Whew. I was going to post this recipe yesterday, so I'll post it today instead. I have always been loyal to my roots when it comes to pancakes. I was raised on sourdough, so that is what I make. I don't really like any other kind of pancakes. Until I found this recipe, that is. Husband is not a big fan of the sourdoughs. He always preferred the bisquick kind. I really can't stand those, either. But I did feel bad making special breakfasts that he only kind of liked. So I went searching and found this recipe for buttermilk pancakes on allrecipes.com. The reviews were through the roof, so I gave them a try. Bingo, new favorite for everybody! I love that they don't need to be buttered. With the melted butter mixed in, there's plenty of butter flavor and they are very moist. They are especially delicious with boysenberry syrup. Unfortunately, Smith's and WalMart both stopped selling that recently. I had to make a special trip to Harmons. Totally worth it. Yummy Thanksgiving breakfast! And yes, you can hear your arteries closing as you eat these.
Directions
In a large
bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a
separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter.
Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
Heat a
lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
Pour the wet
mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend.
Stir until it's just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop
the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each
pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment