Usually around this time of year I do a big thorough cleaning of the house. We end up doing a lot of holiday stuff here, and it's nice to have that deep clean done. I do the carpets as part of all the cleaning. Little brother has forced the issue this year. He has decided it is fun - FUN - to dump milk in large quantities on my carpet. A couple weeks ago my bedroom started to stink. I could not figure out what it was or even where it was coming from. I finally crawled under the bed and found the source. He had thrown a full bottle of milk behind the headboard, where it had leaked onto the carpet for heaven only knows how long. It stunk. I took care of said bottle, and attempted to scrub the carpet with some carpet cleaning spray and elbow grease. That didn't work, so I had to move the bed. I got out my actual carpet cleaner and ran it over the spot several times. Still no good. I ended up pulling all the carpet back, taking out some of the pad and washing it, and then spraying bleach on the floor and on the back of the carpet to get rid of the smell. I spent 2 days on this project. Yuck. It is finally back to normal, just don't move my bed and look too closely at the spots that got a little bleached. *sigh* About 2 days after cleaning up this mess, I went in to get little brother up from his nap. Instead of drinking his bottle, he had unscrewed the lid and dumped the entire contents onto the carpet. I ran the carpet cleaner over that, and still had to do it a couple more times. THAT is now finally back to normal. Then he did the same thing yesterday. I was trying to work out instead of giving him my undivided attention. So he dumped his bottle on the floor by the coffee table. Seriously?!?!?!?? This, my friends, is why I own a carpet cleaner. We have light colored carpet everywhere and 4 small children. Yeesh. I would get rid of the bottle, except this little lightweight needs the calories from that milk. He won't take the sippy cup. He prefers an open cup. Which I do for dinner now. But bedtime is an opportunity to cram more calories in him. He doesn't sleep through the night without it. And I'd screw the lid on more tightly, but then it doesn't vent properly and he doesn't get anything out of it. My next idea is to let him drink the bottle on the couch and then put him to bed. Not loving that idea, drinking the bottle lulls him to sleepiness and moving him after he drinks it might eliminate the effects. Whatever. Good thing Husband bought me my own carpet cleaner. We sure use it!
No comments:
Post a Comment