Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day

My Grandpa served in WWII.  Most notably in the Battle of the Bulge.  I don't have a military picture, but here he is with my Dad:
 My Daddy served as a Green Beret.  He doesn't talk much about his time, but if pressed he will get a bit of a twinkle in his eye when he tells you that he can kill you with his bare hands.  haha!
 My Grumpah Hippen also served in WWII.  He was one of the soldiers to help liberate Dachau.  From what my mom's told us he also liked to randomly yell in German to stir things up when it got a little boring. 
 And my favorite veteran.  She's still active in the military, and has served 3 tours in Afghanistan and 1 in Iraq.  She has sacrificed so much and I am daily thankful for her service.  Sure wish I could hug my favorite veteran today!!!

1 comment:

Kina Lambert-Anderson said...

Thanks for the shout out to our veterans, Spring! My dad was a veteran as well, and it makes me sad to think how many Americans won't even remember what today is!