Saturday, November 22, 2014

Part of my job

I consider it part of my job to educate my children on things they won't learn in school.  For example, my mother taught us all very well about good, well-written movies.  She introduced us to Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Scarlet Pimpernel, and chic flicks with really awesome lines.  One of the favorite pastimes for me and my sisters is quoting some of our favorites:

"Let's see, take responsibility for my own actions or blame you?  Blame you wins hands down!"

"I'm not crazy, M'Lynn, I've just been in a very bad mood for forty years!"

"Maybe you should put on a shirt because I don't think Grace will ever be satisfied by another man..."

"I do not know!!!"  "You can't, they're immortal?"

"I've been turned into a cow, can I go home?"



Just to name a few.  Anyway.  Big sister is old enough to start appreciating some of these finer things in life.  So last night we turned on The Incredibles for her siblings downstairs and she and I watched Pride and Prejudice upstairs.  I had to press pause a lot and explain to her why certain things were significant, but she loved it.  She was just enchanted.  As it should be.  And so her education begins.  On to Sense and Sensibility.  This having girls things does have perks!

1 comment:

JennaK said...

"Maybe you should put on a shirt because I don't think Grace will ever be satisfied by another man..."

Seriously one of the best lines from "Return to Me" and then James Belushi doing body rolls after she says that. Thanks for making me laugh today.