Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Baby it's cold outside

It was a whopping 28 degrees when I took the girls to school this morning.  Brrr!  After 60's this weekend, that kind of cold shocks the system a bit.  But I love it.  There's snow in the forecast!  Oh, how I love snow!  I love living in a place with all 4 seasons.  I love autumn, and I love the month of November.  I love raking leaves into piles and watching my kids jump in.  I love sitting on the couch with the fireplace going and blankets on everyone, drinking hot chocolate and watching Charlie Brown.  I love the chance to reflect all month on the things I am so grateful for. Hot chocolate is definitely up there.  But so is Husband, that awesome hunk of mine.  These 4 kiddos, with their unique personalities.  Last night I was once again grateful for modern conveniences that weren't around when I was a kid.  Big sister needed help with her math.  Multiplying and dividing fractions.  This kind of stuff usually send me into the fetal position.  I hate when I can't help the kids with their math because I was never taught it well enough to understand it when I was their age.  BUT.  I've recently found an online fractions calculator.  I can plug in anything and not only will it give me the answer, it shows the work.  I also love that I can find youtube videos that will demonstrate how to solve the problems using the new methods Common Core teaches.  We watch those together and by the end I totally get what they're doing and so does she.  So I actually CAN help big sister with her math.  It took us over an hour, she was really struggling at first to get it.  But after about 6 problems it started clicking.  Awesome.  *sigh*  Life is just good.  Not without it's challenges, of course.  But good. 

No comments: