It's November again. My sister seemed to enjoy her post-a-day birthday present last year, so I thought I'd try it again. Better a late start than never, right? Happy Birthday Mummer!
First things first. For my dad's birthday, we took an impromptu four-wheeling trip. Just for a few hours since the girls were in school and I needed to be back to pick them up. We let big brother skip school. Cutie. Here he is with Grandpa:
And little brother with Daddy:
A good time was had by all, and no bones were broken. So, success! The boys enjoyed watching a movie in Grandpa's trailer while Daddy and Grandpa rode for a couple hours. Then we had lunch and headed back home.
This little boys loves his Grandpa!
And a side note about this boy. He is now potty trained. I've been hesitant to admit it out loud. But we started trying after we got back from Disneyland. I use the term "trying" loosely. I put underwear on him on a Monday and told him we'd see how it went. I didn't put a ton of effort in, just asked him occasionally if he needed to go. My method this time was complete and total indifference to whether or not he caught on. Because, dear reader, I'm tired. My motivation for this was zilch. He had about 2 accidents that day, but for the most part remembered to go. By Sunday, he'd only had about 6 accidents during the week. He went to church with a pull-up, but kept it dry. I think the nursery brought him to me 3 times, but he stayed dry! Husband kept saying "Wow, he's really trained!" and I would shush him. It just can't be this easy, I kept telling him. I've trained 3 children before him, and I have tried every possible method to train each of those children. I LOATHE potty training. It took forever to train those kiddos. I refuse to believe it's going to be this easy this time. That it's just going to click for him like those miracle children I've heard of but didn't believe in. Those kids are like unicorns... If we say it out loud, he'll regress, I'm sure of it! But nope, a little over a month and he's doing great! Still diapers at night because, well, he's my child. He still doesn't wake up dry. That training is a whole other ball game that I don't approach until they're closer to 8 and they want to stop wearing pull-ups at night. But he is completely diaper free during the day. Wow, that is amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment