Halloween was lots of fun this year. We did our sugar cookies at some point, and they were delicious pumpkins and ghosties. My older sister came to town with her kids, and it was nice to all hang out together. We took all the young'ns trick-or-treating together. Going with cousins is so much fun! Especially with this group of superheroes!
I am the room mom for little sister's class this year. (Still not sure how that happened...) Husband and I got to do the class Halloween party together, and it was fun. We kept it simple and minimized the treats, and the kids seemed to have a fantastic time. We also went to the parade that morning. I had to laugh when little sister walked by:
These are the noise-canceling headphones we got her for school. They help her concentrate - she gets distracted very easily. Apparently some of the more scary costumes and loud noises got to her and she had a bit of a breakdown before the parade. Her teacher got her calmed down and then little sister decided that it'd be best if she didn't have to deal with loud noises. So she walked the parade with her yellow headphones. I love my girl. So self-aware! I'm sure people were wondering what she was supposed to be with those big yellow things on her head. (Black Widow from The Avengers) As she walked past, of course she couldn't hear her parents calling to her. Noise-canceling, and all. Fortunately her friend right behind her tapped her shoulder and pointed to us. She'd had a shell-shocked look on her face to that point, but lit up when she saw us. Funny girl.
Big brother - Hulk - and little brother - Iron Man. They do love each other!
Big sister wanted to be a bat. She was a pretty darn cute bat. Although people kept calling her a cat, much to her annoyance. Do cats have wings? Honestly. She also got to be really grown-up and go trick-or-treating with her friends instead of her parents. She had a blast!
I'm a scary witch.
Little sister without the yellow headphones.

No comments:
Post a Comment