Our kids love watching Disney Junior. Little brother loves anything Mickey Mouse, and they all really like Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First. I personally find these little shows much less obnoxious than a lot of the other choices out there, so win-win. Usually on Saturday morning I let them watch until 10am, and then the tv goes off and chores get done. Husband and I were discussing a few weeks ago that our children really don't know what Saturday Morning Cartoons really are. Bugs Bunny, Tweety, Daffy Duck. I looked into buying some Loony Tunes DVD's. Holy crap are those expensive! So I found some on the library's website and reserved them for free. YAY! We plugged them in for the kids to experience the real thing while I made some Saturday morning waffles. I apparently only reserved the set that had some old Hollywood cartoons that Husband and I didn't recognize. Old as in cartoons of Clark Gable, Bing Crosby, Jimmy Stewart. Our kids were not impressed. I finally popped that one out and put in the 2nd disc, which was all Tweety. Oh, my kids get it now! They were laughing so hard! Little Brother now walks around saying "I tawt I taw a putty tat!" Adorable! There are days when I feel like I'm failing at this whole mother thing. But at least they now know what real cartoons are!
No comments:
Post a Comment