I feel I should clarify about Husband and I not being super romantic. It's not that we never do anything romantic. We're both more on the practical side, so what I consider romantic is not necessarily roses and fine dining. However, Husband has been known to bring home flowers for no apparent reason. He took me to The Roof when he proposed, and we go back a couple times a year and make lovey eyes at each other over a nice meal. He opens the door for me when we get in the car for a date. He holds my hand. There was the year that I bought him a four-wheeler for Christmas because I knew he'd love it and I also knew he'd never get one for himself. (He loved it!) My favorite romantic story is that when we were engaged, we went to pick out our wedding cake. It came included with the price of the reception hall, so we were just flipping through a book of the cakes available to us. He saw one that he really liked, and I liked it too. So we chose that one. It had a Precious Moments bride and groom on it in the picture, but they didn't come included. I told Husband I'd really love to have those figurines. So for Valentines Day a few weeks later, he went to the local Hallmark store and found them. The only problem was that the bride was blonde. He felt that was all wrong, so he asked the store clerk if they had a brunette bride. She told him the only brunette one was the hispanic bride. He told her that's what he wanted then. She said she would have to dig around in the back to see if they had one. He said he'd wait. He made her go digging until she found the hispanic bride figurine. I love that he wanted that detail right. He wanted the bride to reflect his own bride. He can be romantic when the occasion calls for it. But I also love that when I tell him I want a carpet cleaner for Mother's Day, he'll get me that, too. That's romance to me!
1 comment:
You two lovebirds are so cute.
Post a Comment