Our third and last day at Capitol Reef dawned bright and cold. Our plan for the day was to see Hickman Bridge, so after packing up camp, off we went to the trailhead.
More hidey holes...
Our poor big brother was DONE hiking. He did not want to keep going, couldn't have cared less about seeing the arch. I know that if he thinks things are funny, he's much more happy about going along. So I started pretending that I saw snakes all along the trail, and jumping out of the way and shrieking a little. He thought it was hilarious, and checked each "snake" and assured me it was just tree roots. I'm glad we were able to get him to come all the way, because this view was awesome.
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, it was the perfect Spring Break! The kids all said they'd like to go back. Big brother asked if we could go back next year. This surprised us, since he hadn't seemed thrilled during the last hike. We said of course, we can come back again. Big brother then added "But next time, no hiking." Ah. Knew there was a catch!

No comments:
Post a Comment