Friday, March 11, 2011

I had a plan...now where did I put it?

It is little sister's birthday tomorrow. On Sunday we are having a good old-fashioned family party. We'd do it tomorrow, but Daddy has to work on the actual birthday. My plan for the day was to clean the house from top to bottom. Everything is coated in a layer or three of construction dust, and we're due for some serious cleaning now that the saw's are finally finished with their work in the basement. I was hoping to get cleaning done today so that I'm not crazy-cleaning-lady on little sister's actual birthday. Yup. That was my hope. And my plan. It's SO not working out for me! So far today we have managed breakfast, getting dressed, grocery shopping, lunch, and I do have dinner in the crockpot. The only groceries I actually put away were the ones that had to be refrigerated or frozen. Everything else is scattered around my kitchen and dining areas. Big brother (who is a big helper) has removed most of the groceries from the grocery sacks, so it's really scattered everywhere. I have not cleaned one. single. thing. I may get some motivation after I get the kiddos to bed tonight and get something done, but I will definitely be cleaning tomorrow. Ah, well. What have I done with my day that so sidetracked my plans? Nothing. Serious lack of motivation. That's it! I can't get my butt of the couch, nor do I really want to. I have cuddled with a few kiddos instead, taken an accidental nap, and listened while the boy got into anything he wanted. Oh, sure - my mind kept telling me that I should get up and stop him, and that I'll have a bigger mess to clean up later. But my body totally doesn't care. I did get the basement carpets cleaned last night. Months of sawdust and drywall dust and people tracking that all around had taken their toll. It was bad. But they are all clean now! (Thanks for the use of your machine, mom!) That was last night, but I think I'll use it as my excuse for doing positively nothing today. ha ha!

In other news, the selling of my soul is complete. We are now the owners of this beauty:



A 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. It's black, has power sliding doors, a DVD player, and full stow-n-go seating. The kids LOVE it. Little sister says that it is "so magic!" every time the power doors open or close. I like it. I don't think I will ever be able to say I truly LOVE my minivan. I love the features, I love that my whole family will fit so perfectly. It's exactly what we need. And, I have my piano (remember this post?) so I am a pretty happy lady. It's perfect. I think I was just so happy with our sedan. It fits me perfectly. It is comfortable. I would have kept on driving it until it died, if we didn't need more room for our new little guy. So I am grateful that we were able to purchase the van!

In big-fat-husband-is-awesome news, Husband has been promoted to manager! He will no longer be at his current store, he will be working at the next-closest location. He is excited and we know he's going to be awesome!

And in basement news, we have finished painting the doors. Woohoo! Next up, carpet. They had to special order it so we could have the same stuff we put in everywhere else down there, so we're waiting to hear that it's in so we can set up an installation date. Then we'll be ordering beds. Once those are all here, we are finished! Hopefully by the end of the month! I promise pictures of it all once it's all put together!

No comments: