About a month ago we almost bought a car. As in, coats were on, babysitter was here, we were on our way out the door with the purpose of buying a car in mind. The phone rang, and the dealership said that someone had taken the one we were going to look at to their mechanic. So we didn't go. We were going to buy an SUV because we couldn't get all the car seats to fit in our current sedan and we were sick of having to buckle big sister when she could do it by herself if we had a wider car. When the one we wanted fell through, husband went out and played around with the car seats and got them all to fit so that big sister can buckle herself! So there was no reason to buy a bigger car. Sweet! 'Cuz really, I love our car. But we'd agreed that eventually we wanted an SUV. Maybe in a year or so. So a few weeks later, Husband does some research. Husband loves to research the heck out of things before we buy them. He discovered how much less it costs to buy a minivan. Husband started thinking, thinking thinking. One day he decided to approach the topic with wife. Wife said she was aware that a van would cost less but she wanted the SUV. Husband said he did, too. However, if we buy a minivan, then we could also buy wife's dream piano. We couldn't do that if we buy the SUV. (Did I mention he does not play fair?) Wife got all glassy-eyed and before she knew it, she had agreed to drive a minivan if she could have her piano. So over the weekend, we bought the piano and it arrived today. We got a killer deal on it - Wife talked them down to $2,000 off their listed price. It fits beautifully. We love it. It looks and sounds so pretty! It even has a cool hydraulic lid so that the kids can't slam their fingers in it! Little sister has already proven that to be very worthwhile. And so, when we really have outgrown our family car, we will buy a minivan. And wife will drive it happily. How wonderful to have a husband who was willing to sacrifice his own wants (he really didn't want a minivan, either) to give his wife such a beautiful gift! Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to me!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

8 comments:
How sweet, Spring! I am glad that you you were able to get the one that you wanted. It looks beautiful!
It's gorgeous! Can hardly wait to hear you play it!
purty purty! I may have to come see, and maybe try it out! (kudos to Aaron for not playing fair).
Wow! Nice...
I'm jealous.
Looks nice, it just fits next to your lovely mural.
I'm so excited for you and your new piano...LOVE IT! I'm also glad that you will be joining the "minivan" clan. It's not my dream car either, but it hauls the kids well.
Hi I am a friend of a friend and I love the painting on the wall above your soul in this post. Can you pretty please send me a photo of the painting?
Post a Comment