Monday, March 7, 2011

A helpful boy

Big brother is a big fat helper. Not. Truly, how many almost-two-year-olds are actually helpful? But he does have a big desire to be helpful. He comes running faster than you'd believe at the sound of the dishwasher being unloaded/loaded. He is determined to help. Which means he wants to play with everything in the dishwasher and/or drawers and cabinets. The other morning, I heard that ominous sound of an entire box of cereal being dumped onto the kitchen floor. I came running, and saw that the boy, who had been playing with some serving spoons he'd scavenged from the drawer, had decided the cereal looked way more fun:


What's funny to me is that he doesn't even like corn pops. At least he then cleaned up after himself:


Except that he kept putting tiny handfuls of cereal in between the bag and the box.


After this shot he knocked the box over because he was still putting handfuls in while looking at me. Yup. Big helper. Good thing he's a cute big helper! (It's also a good thing that little sister doesn't seem to mind eating cereal that was dumped on a semi-clean floor...Yup. I'm that mom.)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

He is seriously so stinkin cute and I'm "that" mom too. :)

Kina Lambert-Anderson said...

It makes me feel good to see pictures like that. Sometimes I feel like my toddler is the only one who thinks the messier the better!!! =)