Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Finished!

Last Tuesday the carpet was installed and yesterday 3 brand new beds were delivered to our house. We are finished with the basement! I will apologize for the pictures where my flash refused to go off. It makes the paint in those rooms seem so much darker than it really is. But you get the idea.


Little sister's "yewow" room. She LOVES it!

The yellow looks more accurate when the flash goes off!

Big sister's pink room. She also loves it!

The pink in this room got toned down a lot once the carpet and bedding got put in!


The guest room. Eventually, we will move big brother in here and it won't be so pink. But for now we're using big sister's old set.


The downstairs ladybug bathroom. I love the way it turned out. My favorite part is the mirrors. They helped tie everything together somehow. We looked at Ikea, Tai Pan, RCWilley, and one or two other stores before we found these at...WalMart. We should have gone there to begin with!

Looking into the toilet/shower area

Big brother's new BYU/UofU room. The lighting makes it hard to see the curtains, but they are the same material as the quilt.

A big special thanks to great-grandma for making this beautiful quilt! It's perfect!

We moved the ladybug stuff to the downstairs bathroom and tried to go with something more boy-appropriate for the upstairs bathroom. I love this set!


And one more. Remember these?
I had a little material left over and thought I'd see if I could make a valance out of it. It was pretty close, and I could barely get the curtain rod into it because it was so close, but it worked! I think it turned out pretty good!


We are now adjusting to the new sleeping arrangements. We moved the girls down Friday night and just left little sister in her old twin bed for the first few nights. The first night went well. The 2nd night big sister was more nervous and kept going in and asking little sister if she was scared. After being asked that several times, little sister began to be scared. Great. She came upstairs and sat on the couch, finally falling asleep around midnight and husband carried her down and put her in her bed. In the morning, she was excited about her yellow room again and had forgotten about being scared. So we threatened big sister with being grounded for a week if she so much as set a toe anywhere near little sister's room. We also worked out why big sister was nervous - she thought the door was moving on it's own. We left the door all the way open and problem solved. They are adjusting well. Little sister is thrilled to have a "bigger" bed now. We tried big brother in his bed last night. We left it on the floor without a frame because he is so short, and he still needs a stool to get in. He is not much of a climber! He had fun jumping around on it yesterday, but sleeping in it was another story. He screamed for an hour and finally fell asleep in front of the door. The problem, however, is that room is the coldest in the house during winter. By at least 5 degrees. I think somebody forgot to insulate a wall or something. Anyway, we have heated mattress pads for the kids so we don't have to crank the furnace. He would have woken up a little popsicle if he'd stayed on the floor, so husband carefully moved him to the bed. Unfortunately, all the movement involved in opening the door and picking him up woke him up. His tummy started acting up a bit at that point, so we gave up and put him in his crib. I think tonight I'll just try a gate instead of closing the door so that it's easier to put him back on the bed without waking him up. It'll probably take a few nights of crying it out before he loves his big boy bed! He has to adjust, though! We need the crib for his little brother!

Well, there's our finished project! We are happy to be done with it!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I just LOVE the rooms!! You did such a fabulous job and yay for Walmart mirrors!! Where did you get the girls cute bedspreads? I'm so doing Preston a BYU room after seeing you're cute post. Too bad I can't find BYU fabric down here....uggh!

sunnytosh said...

Very cute! You've done an awesome job redecorating.