Monday, April 4, 2011

When life hands you lemons...

Or in this case, when mother nature decides to dump very heavy, wet snow on the 3rd of April, make a snowman! We woke up to several inches of snow yesterday (I kept telling my daffodils they really shouldn't try blooming yet!). So between sessions of General Conference, Daddy and the girls headed out for a snowball fight and some snowman making. I put the boy to bed and took a nice relaxing bath since my prego belly isn't much fun in the snow. Well, it was relaxing until some bedlamites decided to throw snowballs at the window in my bathroom and destroy my peace and tranquility! Husband, of course, was the main instigator. The girls came inside after about 30 minutes cold and ready for a bath of their own, but very proud of the huge snowman daddy helped them build. No pictures of it 'cuz my batteries died after taking this picture.



Husband and I were having a discussion about the general lack of cuddliness for our babies. They have all been determined to try holding up their own heads before they even left the hospital. They'll sit on your lap, but they don't want to cuddle and relax, they want to see what's going on. We are always jealous when we see other people's kiddos sound asleep in their parents arms or on their shoulders during church. I can count on one hand the number of times that's happened to us - and that's all the kids combined! They fall asleep in the car seat no problem, but being held by mom and dad, no way. The girls have gotten more cuddly as they are older and recognize that they get mom or dad to themselves for a few moments. We call the boy our lovey boy. He LOVES to give loves. But it is definitely not a tender, cuddly kind of thing. He likes to wrestle, tackle, and squeeze the stuffing out of you. He will run straight into my legs and hug for all he's worth, then he's off and running again. If I'm sitting on the floor, he will tackle me flat. He definitely shows affection! But he is not cuddly at all! Funny kids. Anyway, the day after we'd had that discussion, I discovered Husband doing this:


Apparently, little sister had had a long day! She loves her blanket fresh from the dryer, and is constantly putting it in there in the hopes that I will turn on the dryer and warm up her blanket for her. Daddy got her blanket all warm for her, wrapped her up in it, and they took a pretty decent nap right there on the couch. So cute!

2 comments:

Scooby and Jon said...

Aw! Cute little cuddly Mia!

sunnytosh said...

I definitely have cuddly kids, but they do come at a price. Xhaiden can't wake up without clinging to me until I threaten him with time out or day care.