Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm a mean old witch with my hat...


We spent Tuesday at Gardner Village. It's a collection of fun boutique type shops at an old historic mill. It's fun year-round, but at Halloween they set up an array of really fun witches. There's witches playing baseball, they have a few overhead riding bikes or talking on cell phones, hula hooping, etc. B has had so much fun learning about Halloween in preschool. She's more excited this year than she was last year, and that's saying something! She's learned a witch song, and walks around the house singing it. So we decided it would be fun to take her to visit some. There was even a real live witch walking around saying "Happy Halloween, I'm off to buy some jelly beans!" B wasn't quite so sure about her at first, but decided she was funny when she told the kids surrounding her that she would be a princess for Halloween because she's a witch every other day of the year! We finished with a stop at the old fashioned sweet shop, where B got an old fashioned bag of Halloween candy and a sample of yummy fudge. It only took an hour for the kids to get tired, but they had a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope that you got a sample of some of the fudge for yourself.

I can't believe how much Brynn has grown. It seems like yesterday that she was the size Mia is now (and had those cute pigtails).

Scooby and Jon said...

Fer cute!!

Brenda said...

That is such a fun place to go!! I love their soup :) You know, I had to do a double take on the witch - because of your title - for some reason I thought it was you sitting there! HA! Good thing it's NOT!! :)