

Hayley did a post last week about her high school car, and it took me down memory lane. In my opinion, those of us who had clunkers loved those clunkers as if they were a brand new Mercedes Benz. My car was red with black polka dots (which I spray painted myself with a little help from some similarly bored friends, Thanks Leanna!). This little car was fabulous. It was held together with bailing wire. If you shook the windows just right, they fell into the door. My car was constantly moved across the Wal-Mart parking lot so that when I got off work, I could rarely find my car. I would still drive this car for fun, probably not with my kids in it, though! I always had dreams that I'd be driving down the road and suddenly I'd be sitting on the road holding my steering wheel with my broken car all around me! My little car took awhile to start up, and when I turned it off it would make lovely glurpy (technical term) sounds before shuddering to a stop. It wasn't fast, but it got me everywhere I needed to go. Sister & Brother in law were nice enough (Sister says selfish enough, she wasn't going to drive me!) to help me purchase this car for $500 bucks. Thanks Carl and Susan! This car is still alive somewhere in Kansas, albeit with a new paint job. I understand it's an eagle/American flag theme. I miss driving this car. If I could buy it back, I think I would! So thanks Hayley, for the trip down high school memory lane! It brought a smile to my face!

5 comments:
Sadie and I were just talking about the good old days and your car just last week. It is good to see a picture of it again.
I can't believe you have a picture!! That is so funny I started laughing so hard when I saw the picture. I NEVER thought I would see this car again EVER!
I have to say I also had to laugh when i saw the car!! It brought back ALL the hogh school memories!!
I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours, and take a trip down memory lane. My husband got a good laugh out of your car. (Who knew he married such talent?)
Ah - the good old high school vehicles. In my high school - we won the "junk vehicle"! It was an old pea green truck. Good times, good times :)
Post a Comment