Thursday, October 23, 2008

All these years I was singing it wrong...


B has been practicing her Primary songs for our program on Sunday. She is so excited for this program and even has her little speaking part memorized! We've been working on I am a child of God because she doesn't remember the 3rd & 4th verse very well. She was sitting at the counter helping me with dinner last night and told me she wanted to try it all by herself, the whole thing. She did a very good job. She only missed a few words in the 1st verse. Apparently, instead of "with parents kind and dear" she thinks the words are "with parents kind of dear". Apparently I am not kind and dear, just kind of. Good to know! And all these years I've been singing it wrong! It was nice to have a sweet moment, anyway. I'm in charge of the program this year and it's stressing me a little (read: a lot) this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to chuckle at the "kind of dear." Good luck with the program.

Chalen said...

When I was in primary, we used to sing the "Little Purple Pansies" song. I thought the words were little purple panties for the longest time and couldn't figure out why we were singing about underwear in church. Good times. Good luck with the program. Relax, if the kids mess up, everyone thinks it's cute.

Brenda said...

That is too funny :) I hope the program went well for you!