Saturday, June 21, 2008

Piano Snob


I am a piano snob. Pictured above is a Mason & Hamlin piano. They've been around since 1854. all of their pianos are handmade and they only produce 50 uprights and 300 grand pianos a year. The only problem with this piano is that the small baby grand starts at $30,000. That's right, starts at $30,000. The bigger the piano gets, the bigger the price gets. I love it, though. The sound quality is amazing! The baby grand sounds like a 9' concert grand. The touch is equally amazing, as well. It's not tight the way some pianos are, but it's not loosey goosey, either. (yes, that's a technical term) I found one on eBay awhile ago. It was the 5'4" version with the player system. I would LOVE to have the player system, and have my piano serenade me all day long. The one on eBay was about $84,000. Husband says I may have to find something cheaper. I will almost surely never own a Mason & Hamlin, but I love it anyway!

9 comments:

Lewieville said...

I think Aaron is being completely unreasonable! 84,000 is not even too much money. What is he thinking? Crazy

sunnytosh said...

Exactly. If he loved you he would get it for you.

Scooby and Jon said...

I have to agree. $84,000 is pocket change, right?

Maybe you just need to find somebody who has that much at their charitable disposal....

sunnytosh said...

http://www.masonhamlin.com/newsroom/PDF/MasonHamlinExpanded.pdf

Tasha Challis said...

I have to say this is weird to read all of your blogs. Your totally adults!!! LOL. Its not right. Never is a long time. Lots of things can happen. Even a piano that costs as much as a really nice sports utility!

Jessica said...

Man, too bad you can't have something so awesome! I guess for us, we would settle for a grand ANYTHING! Wait, first we need the house to put it in. lol

sunnytosh said...

You won't be a true piano snob until you own the thing! Put an ad on Craigslist stating that you will gladly store someone's for them. ;)

Brenda said...

I want one too!!!! I understand your pain! Well, I used to get some flyers in the mail when piano's went on sale, so if I see any soon - I'll let you know. They would give me a discount because I was a piano teacher - so maybe I could help you with yours :) It's worth a shot - right?

CCmomma said...

Gorgeous. remember this Piano b/c you will have one just like it in heaven! Glad to see you are alive visit my family blog and Mommasassy.blogspot anytime. Lovely family you have!