Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I love Jon Schmidt

I have added a playlist to our blog. I debated about this because I like so many different kinds of music. I can go from Metallica to classical to country to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I know not everyone shares these interests, hence my debate. I pulled out a favorite CD today, though, and had an epiphany. I was first introduced to Jon Schmidt when I was working for an attorney. Our Christmas gift from him was tickets to a Jon Schmidt concert. I was BLOWN AWAY! By the end of the concert I had tears streaming and I understood why my boss would want to share this music with everyone he knew. Jon Schmidt is amazing in person. His fingers move so fast and I swear that his piano has more keys and his hands have more fingers than mine. Not fair! One of the things that I love is that no matter what mood I am in, I can listen to his music and it goes with my good moods and calms my bad ones. Happy, anxious, sad, furious, whatever. I couldn't find as much music as I wanted, so I'm searching for the other songs that I love. I really like the Pachelbel meets U2 a lot. I love All of Me and I am trying to learn it...It's REALLY hard! Anyway, I'm sharing my love on our blog, hopefully you enjoy it!

4 comments:

Lewieville said...

All of me sounds really hard! Good pick for music though, I like it but Jake wouldn't!!

Kimbrey said...

I love it! I have been turning your blog on and leaving it open so I can hear the music while I get things done. Good choice of music!

sunnytosh said...

Sometimes I get frustrated when I go to a blog and am inundated with music. (Not a huge deal, I can find a mute button, and sometimes I go to the same blogs to find different music to listen to since I'm terrible at remembering the names of different artists...) Not here! This is beautiful and calm, so nonobtrusive enough that I could leave the site up for background noise. I'm not sure if Jim would leave it going, but how do you account for someone who listens to NIN? Thanks!

Jessica said...

We LOVE Jon Schmidt at our house too. Robert's good friend knows him pretty well so he has been able to meet him a couple times too. Back in the day when he had more time to practice, Robert could play a lot of his songs by memory. One of the things that made me fall for him... ;) Can't resist a guy who plays the piano. We went for his Christmas concert 3 years ago after Robert had been and it was really good! And I think he is a great play list choice. I have such a wide range of music taste too and finally just decided to load it with whatever and if people don't like it, they can mute it. But sometimes I hope they listen to it and I convert them over to my style of music too. LOL! Anyway, love his stuff, good choice! I have I DO on mine as well.