Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday!



Happy Birthday to my big sister,! Most of you know that She is my best friend. We were far enough apart in age growing up that we didn't really have opportunity to fight. I moved in with her and her family when I was 15. She alone truly understands the difference her sacrifice made in my life. (I wasn't exactly a picnic at that age, as some of you might recall.) The fabulous thing about being able to live with her, though, is that we were able to form a relationship that I can't really describe in words. We talk for hours on the phone and keep each other (relatively) sane. I can go to her with any problem and she'll listen and understand. She doesn't always agree with me, but she will always be honest and I never feel put down. We can talk about anything. And we do! The only problem in our friendship is that she lives 500 miles away, or as she would put it, I am the one who moved 500 miles away. (I still maintain she moved first...) It would be so great if we could live next door to each other. Although, our husbands would probably not be as thrilled as we would be. Too much giggling, possibly...Anyway, I could not find a card that was perfect for She this year. So I am putting up this seriously mushy blog post and some great pictures of her earlier years. She, I could not make it through some days without you. You know which days...the ones where you call and ask how I am and I say "fabulous" and you say "whatever." If I could, I would be at your doorstep bright and early - but not too early - with fresh squeezed orange juice and warm cinnamon rolls. I'd even lie and tell you they're low fat! (We both know fat adds flavor.) But since I can't, know that I still love you and wish you a very Happy Birthday! Wow, I really did get mushy...but you can thank me for not publicly stating your age!

2 comments:

sunnytosh said...

The nice thing about having my birthday in August is that Shaye always gets older before I do - that is what she wanted as a child. Happy Birthday, Shaye!

Lewieville said...

your allowed to get mushy when it comes to sisters!