Thursday, January 4, 2018

November

So November happened.  Here's some of it...

This boy was upset when I made brownies for my YW that were coming over to practice a musical number.  Upset 'cuz I said he couldn't have any unless there were some left over.  There were leftovers, but it was time for dinner and then visiting grandparents and then bed.  He forgot all about the brownie.  Until 3:00am.  He came upstairs and woke me up.  When I asked what was wrong, he replied "I didn't get a brownie!"  Takes midnight snack to a whole new level, eh?  I put him back to bed and made sure to leave a brownie in a bag for him to have after his lunch.  He was thrilled to finally get to eat his brownie!  Which he took 4 bites of before declaring he was full...

Our niece, Tiffany, brought her son up for a short visit.  It was great to finally meet him, and little brother did a great job helping out!

November was unusually warm.  My house faces west, so the front gets lots of sunshine and heat.  I noticed one day that my daffodils were confused and trying to come up in the middle of November.
 Little sister is doing the elementary school choir for the 2nd year in a row.  This year, instead of a Christmas concert, they did a Veterans Day concert and took December off.  They asked the kids to come dressed in a military uniform, if they could.  We called Aunt Summer and she was so kind to loan little sister her desert uniform.  Little sister was excited to receive the package in the mail.  She looked great in her Aunt's uniform, and I may have gotten very tear-eyed watching my daughter sing those songs to honor our Troops while dressed in my sister's clothes. 

The annual de-junking of the playroom.  We do this every year before Thanksgiving.  We get donate anything that is still usable but that isn't played with anymore, and throw out anything that is broken.  Then I completely reorganize everything.  It's quite the project, but the bonus is that the entire house actually stays much cleaner for a while after we do this!

 Thanksgiving this year was with Husband's side of the family.  It was a fabulous meal with wonderful company.  As usual, I took practically zero photos.  I did manage to get some just as everyone was getting ready to leave.  In this photo, we discovered that we can "fit" 5 people on cousin Alex's lap without causing serious injury.  haha!
 Little sister was her cute cousin's shadow all night, making sure she was having fun and staying safe.  She wanted a picture of the two of them at the end of the evening, and my sister-in-law and I were happy to comply.

Our little brother has sure had quite the year of illness.  Kindergarten is always rough on the immune system.  This particular time his only real symptom was fever.  But oh, was it a fever!  

 We kept him home from school and all he wanted to do was lay in mommy's bed (with mommy) and watch superhero movies.  Mommy was only to happy to acquiesce to his request.

Big sister got perfect attendance for the month of October, and was therefore rewarded with a free Chick-fil-a lunch  at school in November.  (I have no idea how that perfect attendance thing happened...clearly a fluke!)

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we had wife's family over for our Eat Pie 'Till We Die day.  Summer's boys and Dunca Dave were able to join us, which was fabulous.  We did eat LOTS of pie. 






 



This one is actually December, but whatever.  Wife in charge of the Beehives combined YM/YW activity in December.  We'd had this idea of a Nerf Gun War clear back in June and ended up not using it because the activity was cancelled.  So we just used it for December.  Short of the long, leaders got to shoot lots of darts at the youth  during 3 rounds of this game, and we talked about the Fiery Darts of the Adversary and what we can do to protect ourselves.  It turned out awesome.  Anyway.  Little brother fell asleep around 4:30pm.  Since I was taking big sister with me and Daddy had to work, the plan was for little sister to be in charge.  Meaning I gave them melatonin, started a movie in big brother's room, and they fell asleep while I was gone.  Since little brother took such a late nap, he was not ready to go down for the night.  But little sister and big brother really really needed to go to sleep.  So little brother came with.  He was thrilled, I had bought 300 darts for this activity and a few new nerf guns and he had been dying to use them ever since.  So disappointed that I wouldn't let him since I needed them all for the activity.  He helped us set up, and then some of my fellow YW leaders helped him climb on a ladder so he could shoot at the youth, too.  He was in heaven!

No comments: