We had a lovely Christmas Season. We kept things pretty quiet and spent lots of time together as a family, feeling the Spirit of Christ and trying to share it with those around us. We had to buy a new tree this year, our old one died. We found a decent deal on an LED with lots of light combos. The kids would've played with that feature all month long! We declared the plain white lights as our chosen lights, ending the debate our children were trying to have.
All decorated!
Christmas Eve was wonderful, minus the fact that Husband had to work. He works pretty much every Christmas Eve. Since we usually don't do much until the evening, it's fine. We were a little sad he couldn't come with us to church. Wife and both girls were on the stand the whole time. The girls sang in the choir and mommy was playing the piano for several of the musical numbers. Fortunately, Husband's parents were happy to sit on our bench with the boys and enjoy watching the girls sing. It was a wonderful meeting, and mommy was thrilled to be done playing the piano for hours every day trying to learn all those pieces! Grandma and Grandpa came home with us and we had lunch yummy tomato basil soup and grilled cheese, after which they headed home. We spent the rest of Sunday watching Christmas movies and making sure we had our Christmas Eve feast ready for when Dad came home. When he did, we had a lovely, quiet family dinner. Then we did our present to Jesus, opening the box and reading the slips of paper with all of the "good deeds" our family had observed each other doing all month. Then we watched the nativity. I could always just finish Christmas right there, the spirit in our home is so beautiful and I just love it. The kids were excited to open their Christmas Eve presents - matching pj's for ALL! Daddy has some, too, but I promised I wouldn't post those anywhere.
All ready for bed Christmas Eve!
Christmas morning, the kiddos were up at 7 ready to open presents. The big hits this year were big brothers karaoke machine (closely followed by his new carpet sweeper, little sister's horse and barn for her American Girl doll, little brother's Lightning McQueen track set, and big sister loved all her clothes and her new piano book with all the music from Wicked. Santa got a Wii for all the kiddos to share, which they were thrilled about.
We headed to wife's parents for brunch and more presents, and little sister had fun playing delivery girl. After we'd spent a few hours there, we headed back home to get ready for Husband's family to join us for dinner. We had a very enjoyable evening with them, exchanging more gifts and eating a yummy tri-tip dinner with strawberry shortcake for dessert. After everyone went home for the night, we watched a movie together before bed. It was really just a wonderful day. I loved it.
As I was taking down decorations, I realized I'd forgotten to get pics of the gingerbread houses the kiddos did this year. Big sister and big brother made one, little sister and little brother made the other. It was the perfect activity for them to do while mom and dad went out on a date one afternoon in December, except that I didn't get any pictures of them making these glorious creations. Ah, well!

No comments:
Post a Comment