We have celebrated the heck out of Halloween at our house this year! The girls both had parties at school, and loved wearing their costumes for it. We also attended our ward's annual fall festival. The kids like that, as well. Little sister was a little stressed out by musical chairs, but loved getting her face painted. She and big brother absolutely loved the doughnut on a string game. Little sister was very good and didn't use her hands, and big brother found the whole thing pretty hilarious. When it was his turn, he walked up and grabbed the doughnut with both hands, as if to say "Um, hello?! We have opposable thumbs, people!" We carved pumpkins and now I feel horrible that we didn't get a good picture of little sister's face with the tongue sticking out. That was her only request for a pumpkin this year. Big sister even cleaned out her own pumpkin. I love that you can google free pumpkin stencils - my favorites this year were the Phineas and Ferb pumpkins! Daddy had to work on Halloween, so we braved the horrendous traffic (Whose idea was it to block off the main entrance to Smith's during the rush on Halloween? Yeesh!) and visited the pharmacy. I fully intended on taking big brother along for a little trick-or-treating, but he had decided he didn't like his costume anymore. He loved it for the ward party, but then didn't like it. He refused to put it back on, so I just took the girls and left the boys home with niece (who made an awesome mad scientist. If only I had pictures that weren't on my phone...) I am told big brother liked answering the door, so he was happy and that's all that matters! The girls made a serious haul on the candy - their bags were completely full when we came home. I can guarantee they won't even eat 1/4 of it! The idea of candy is way more fun than actually eating it, which is okay with me! In the meantime, nobody comes trick-or-treating to our street anymore, since I think there's only 3 houses on the whole street that hand out candy. So I have a ridiculous amount of our own candy left over, if anybody wants it! Happy Halloween!

A witch, 2 Rapunzel's, Cosmo the Cougar and Charlie Brown. I think I should wear the tights and the frizzy hair more often...

A better picture of Charlie Brown

My 2 Rapunzel's

Cosmo the Cougar

Daddy's pumpkin

Mommy's pumpkin

little brother's pumpkin

Big sister's pumpkin

Niece's skeleton pumpkin

big brother's haunted house/moon/ghost pumpkin

You can see little sister's pumpkin in the middle with the tongue sticking out...
1 comment:
Your stockings are wicked!
Post a Comment