Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! This year it was Husband's family's turn, and we had dinner at our place. The turkey turned out absolutely delicious, as did all the rest of the food. As usual, I took no pictures of the family or the meal. I think I am just so busy eating the meal I worked so hard to prepare that the last thing on my mind is taking pictures of people eating. Anyway. It was nice to visit and for the kids to play with their cousins. We spent the morning raking the leaves in the front yard. I did take pictures of that. Some of the kids were more enthusiastic about it than others:


Big sister and little sister took turns using their little rake

Little sister jumping right in!

Big sister helping little brother explore the pile of leaves - he loved them!

Big brother is not liking being in the pile!

Raking the pile is okay, though!

This little boy so often wants to be just like mommy, I absolutely love it when he wants to be just like Daddy! Look at my handsome guys!


The day after Thanksgiving we got all the Christmas decorations put up! The kids, especially the girls, are SO so very excited for Christmas! We continued our tradition of going to visit Santa before Thanksgiving. Once again, no crowds and we got right in. This was little sister's first year to willingly sit on Santa's lap. She and big sister sat right up and told Santa what they want. Big sister wants a DS, little sister wants her own Barbie house. Big brother refused to go anywhere near Santa, and little brother was snoozing since we'd just gotten our family pictures done and he was exhausted, poor thing! We have watched a few Christmas movies already, and are looking forward to thoroughly enjoying the holiday season! The girls have been very good (so far) about remembering why we celebrate Christmas and I hope we keep that up. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: