Thursday, November 17, 2011

The tooth fairy came

Big sister finally lost her first tooth. She has been wanting to lose a tooth since kindergarten when some of her friends started losing their baby teeth. She was so disappointed when husband and I told her that we were closer to 8 when we started losing teeth. So she was beside herself when at the ripe old age of 7 1/2 she had 3 loose teeth! The 2nd one is pretty darn close to falling right out, and one on top is fairly wiggly. I think it'd be hilarious if she lost both sets of her two front teeth for Christmas! Anyway, she stuck the tooth under her pillow and the tooth fairy came. She was thrilled with her 4 shiny quarters, and has been sticking various objects under Little sister's pillow ever since. The card fairy, the barbie fairy, the sticker fairy and the candy fairy have all left things for little sister. She is one fabulous big sister, not wanting little sister to feel left out! We also had parent teacher conferences last week. She is almost to a 5th grade reading level. The difficulty now is finding something that can challenge her reading skills that she can also still comprehend since she is still only in 2nd grade. She is also very good at math. That one's like her daddy, for sure! Her teacher thinks she's fabulous and said she wishes she had 26 more just like her. (There's seriously 27 kids total in her class? Ah, Utah!)




Little sister is a comedian. She cracks me up all the time. My recent favorite was this little conversation when she took away the wooden spoon big brother was waving around as a magic wand
Me: Little sister, he had it first and it's not nice to take things from other people. Please give it back to him.
Little sister: But mom, I'm just trying to make all his dreams come true!
At dinner for the last 2 weeks, she has used this one numerous times: "Will somebody get me a twopot? (Throws her head back and laughs) Hahahaha! A two pot! Hahaha!" I think I have finally figured out that she's trying to say teapot in a funny way. I just love the way she laughs at herself - it makes everybody laugh!

Big brother is busy working on his vocabulary. It is increasing steadily and I love that he will now try to say prayers. So reverent. He is also becoming increasingly violent during Sacrament Meeting. He pretends to comb my hair, and starts out soft and it quickly gets a lot more vehement! I think it is entertaining to everyone behind us and the people sitting on the stand. Someone commented as we were leaving church last Sunday that I was very patient with him. Haha! I'm not sure what to do with him - especially on the days Husband has to work! I am told he is a favorite in nursery, though. He has them all fooled with those big brown eyes, I guess. At least he is well behaved for them!

Little brother is still a cute and happy baby. Adding the rice cereal to his bottles seems to be chunking him up a bit. He still is thoroughly unpredictable in his nighttime sleep patterns. Earlier in the week he slept from 10:30pm - 6:00am after having half of his bottle before going down. Last night, I fed him a jar of squash and a full bottle with the rice mixed in and he woke up at 1 to drink another bottle and then again at 5:30 for another full bottle. It's a good thing he's so darned cute and smiley - he is worth the sleep deprivation! We are discovering that he is very very ticklish and he is getting close to being able to let out a belly laugh. For now, when we tickle him, he just lets out a very stressed little grunt! So cute!

We are gearing up for Thanksgiving next week - the turkey is in the fridge and will hopefully be thawed by next week! The girls are very excited for turkey and for the kickoff to Christmas, and so am I! We're pretty close to being done with the shopping, we just need to help the kids go get stuff for each other. I'm hoping that will keep things low-stress so we can just enjoy December!

No comments: