Big sister and her eggs. She is giving the bunny sign here, by the way. Not the peace sign. Good thing she told me. They look remarkably similar...
As usual, we did the Easter Bunny thing Saturday morning. We do that so that Sunday can be more reverent. With the added bonus that we aren't trying to do an egg hunt and then get to church on time. Little sister actually slept in, so we made breakfast and when she woke up we ate. Then we did the egg hunt. They got lots of candy, which I will inevitably end up throwing out. Our kids seem to like the idea of getting candy more than actually eating it. They eat some that first day, then they forget all about it. They don't seem horribly interested when I remind them about their Easter baskets, either. Funny kiddos. But they love finding their color of eggs! The true joy is in the journey, eh? The Easter Bunny always brings them a little cheap toy, and this year it was little wind up chickies. They kind of hopped around on the table when they were wound up. The kids LOVED those. The girls' didn't even last the whole day. Big brother's is still alive, but only because he won't play with it unless mommy or daddy wind it up for him. Ah, well. That's why they're cheap toys! The boy wasn't remotely interested in hunting eggs. Husband did finally hand him one. He opened it and ate the m&m's inside. Most of the time, he was hanging out here:
Showing off their spoils
Easter Sunday was very nice. Unfortunately, husband had to work, so it was just me and the kiddos in church. I didn't get much out of the meetings, but the spirit is always so nice on Easter Sunday. It's nice just to get to feel that. I got the kids all dressed in their Easter finery, and then tried to take pictures. Little sister is getting increasingly hard to photograph...
I asked her what she was doing here and she replied "jumping." Like, duh, mom. So we tried again.
The girls watched veggie tales Easter stories when we got home. I was trying to nap when big sister asked if we were going to watch a real Easter movie like we always do. I was a little surprised that she even remembered that we usually watch Finding Faith in Christ, a DVD the church put out a few years back. I told her that of course we could watch one. I couldn't find the one we usually watch, but I did find The Testaments and we watched that instead. It went along with what big sister and I had read during the previous weeks in the Book of Mormon, and also all our Family Home Evenings. It was perfect. I love watching her testimony grow. That was the best part of Easter for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment