We had to do big brother's birthday party a week early because Daddy has to work on his actual birthday. I don't think the boy really cared when we celebrated. I don't think the boy really knew what was going on! We had some yummy pizza, and then we did a small Easter egg hunt for all the kiddos. Big brother didn't get one single egg. He just wanted to play on the slide. He and his cousin did find a candy-filled egg at the top of the slide, and they opened it and chowed down. That was good enough for them! Big brother was not thrilled when I carried him back inside to open presents, until he realized that this whole present thing was pretty fun! He loved getting some new toy balls to play with and knew exactly what to do with the magnadoodle. We're pretty sure his favorite is the lawn mower, though. He LOVES push toys. He pushes the lawnmower around all day long. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's vacuuming, since that's kind of the pattern he's going in. We've only mowed the lawn once this year and he was asleep for that. Eventually we'll get into warmer weather and longer grass and then he'll probably get that it's a lawnmower. We let him play with his toys undisturbed while we all had cake and ice cream - he was in heaven! I didn't even try to give him his cupcake until after everyone had left. He spent 5 minutes getting frosting onto his hands and then putting it in his hair. He did eventually eat some of it, but I'm pretty sure most of it ended up on his head. So he got his second bath of the day, all by himself. Pretty much the best day ever as far as he was concerned! I can't believe he's turning 2. It goes by so fast!

Big brother and big cousin, chowing down on m&m's.

Husband is blinking, but the boys' face is pretty cute here! He was figuring out his remote control car that big sister got him.

He followed Grandma out to the car and climbed in, ready to drive everyone home! He thinks he's such big stuff!

Let's go people!

The cupcake aftermath
2 comments:
Oh my, he seriously is the cutest thing ever!!! I can't believe he's two too. They grow up too fast!! Happy Birthday Big Brother!!
I can't believe it either! He is suh a sweet boy! So cute!
Post a Comment