Monday, March 15, 2010

3

Little sister turned 3 last week! Mommy swears that she is still a teeny tiny baby, but that's not really true anymore. We had a lot of fun celebrating. On her birthday, she wanted sourdough pancakes (are there any other kind) for breakfast, complete with candles and a birthday song. She had a cinnamon roll for lunch, complete with candles and the birthday song again. After big sister went to school, we went and got her picture taken. She was excited, but the darn photographer was determined to have her pose a certain way and little sister didn't like all the manhandling. So we got very few smiles and several sad faces. Still cute, but I was reminded why I usually go to the one at the mall instead of the one close to us. The photographers at the mall location tend to just let them pose themselves and it turns out better. Whatever. Big sister's friends all came over Friday night, so instead of going out I ended up getting pizza. Little sister thought it was all a party for her, though. Big sister's friends all played with her, and were more than happy to sing the birthday song (again) while sister blew out her candles on her pizza. The girl got some serious wishes this weekend! She had a blast. We had family over Sunday and she got spoiled with presents and ate the frosting off her cupcakes. She got a little overwhelmed after awhile, so I put her in my room with her new Little Einsteins movie. She did one of those shudder-cries and said "All by myself!" So I told her she could watch all by herself and locked the door. Funny girl. She's been playing all day with her new toys. She was most disappointed this afternoon when - despite the fact that she now has her own backpack! - I would not let her get on the bus with big sister for school. She so desperately wants to go to school! It's a good thing she's all signed up for preschool in the fall! I may not be able to stop her anyway! We love our little ball of sunshine!



3 years old!


Waiting for cake



A cup of frosting would have been a better idea...



"Mom, I go to school?"

3 comments:

JennaK said...

Just wondering, but where do you go to have pictures done?

Spring said...

We go to JCPenney. I enroll in their Portrait club, which is good for two years. It basically saves me sitting fees for the whole family. There's always a coupon online, too, for a free 8x10 and $3.99 sheets. This time it cost me $27 for 1 8x10, 4 5x7's, 4 3.5x5's, and two sheets of wallets. I pay extra for some enhancements, too. Without the coupon and portrait club, it would've been $75. The people at South Towne always do a great job. The one at the District seems a little more hit and miss.

sunnytosh said...

She does look all ready for school. Xhaiden has been wanting to run in the classroom when we drop Xac off at preschool also.