We recently took a stab at potty training little sister. She was very enthusiastic, but unfortunately has no control over her tiny bladder. If we took her every 19 (19, not 20), we had dry undies. If we missed 19 minutes by 10 seconds, she was wet. She also does not care if she is wet. Does not bother her at all. So we decided to try again in a few months, for the sake of everyone involved.
Little sister loves books. She'll even almost sit still to listen to a story if it's short enough. She brought Daddy a book to read to her. It was the potty book that we bought when we started potty training big sister. It's called Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Tot. It has taken nursery rhymes/songs and changed the words to help encourage your little one to go on the potty. It is, quite possibly, the most worthless book I have ever purchased. Doesn't help in the slightest, as far as I can tell. So I keep meaning to throw it out because, despite it's total uselessness, the kids like us to read it. Daddy, being the good daddy that he is, told little sister that he would read her one of the rhymes. If you've met Husband, you know when he speaks, he sounds intelligent and well-spoken. Imagine that voice reciting the following:
Humpty Dumpty Sat on the Pot (At which point I start laughing and he glares and rolls his eyes)
Humpty Dumpty tinkled a lot.
Now all the king's horses
And all the king's men
Will never dress Humpty in diapers again.
Picture Husband reciting that, and I dare you to not laugh. I failed miserably. Maybe I won't get rid of that book...
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

3 comments:
lol! That's hilarious!
You definately should NOT get rid of that book!! That's very funny, I can totally picture him saying the rhyme ...hilarious!
awesome.
Post a Comment