So our leak has been fixed. Husband and I are completely and totally annoyed. We are SO grateful for husband's uncle who is a plumber and just a wonderful human being. It got fixed quickly. There were a few problems, all coming from the fact that nothing was done to code. Our culinary water was in the same trench as our sewer line. Bad for sanitary reasons, but also because the sewer line was about 8 feet down and the water line should only be about 4 feet down. They are also supposed to use only one length of pipe for the culinary. The people that built this home used three. All those connections being buried so deep made for some really fun leakage when our yard settled a bit. They dug a trench about 15-20 feet long and 8 feet deep to find all the leaks and fix them. Fortunately, no damage to our house. It was all just leaking into the sewer. We're really glad we didn't try to fix this one ourselves. Can you imagine trying to dig that all up by hand? We're perfectly happy to let the guy with the backhoe do that. We also should have had a sewer clean out in our yard, which did not exist so they put one in for us. It's nice to have it fixed and up to code. We're now looking forward to our next water bill.
We are so excited to have two little boy cousins here for baby I to play with when he gets here. Jon & Scooby's little Tommy & Jonny were born yesterday! I'll let her post details whenever she gets around to it. Suffice it to say that they'll be in the hospital for a little while, since they were about a month early. But everyone seems to be doing well! Hooray for cousins and the triple threat they'll be as they grow up together!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

3 comments:
What a nightmare. That's so cool to have a plumber in the family!
Congratulations to Scooby!!!
digging by hand? ughh> Glad you have things under control. What's up with Baby I? You have no name for him yet? My kids didn't get named till they breated so no rush. Miss you!
That born yesterday comment made me giggle and I thought of a new comeback. Next time someone (namely Mom) asks if I was born yesterday, I will ask them "if I was, would you be talking to me that way?" lol
Post a Comment