Monday, March 16, 2009

Opinions, please

Okay, this is a short one. I am just looking for opinions. B has been invited to a classmate's birthday party. They're having it at a playland that's actually kind of far from our house. It's at 2:30 in the afternoon on a weekday - when they're not in preschool. Sounds fun, right? At the bottom of the invitation it says "*Bring Mom or Dad". Not please bring mom or dad, or mom & dad are welcome to come. It sounds to me like they only want B to come if I am available to come watch her...Husband works that day and it's right in the middle of nap time for M. So if I decide to take B, I have to take M, who will be very ornery due to missing her nap. In the meantime, I am 7 months pregnant with baby I, which makes chasing after B & M hard at home, not to mention in a public place like a playland. I am supposed to be taking it easy. If I don't I am rewarded with painful contractions. SO my question is: Do I make B miss a birthday party or do I just suck it up and take her? What would you do? Any and all opinions are welcome, 'cuz I'm totally torn right now.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

That's tough! But I would stick with . . . .gotta take care of yourself first. Besides . . B is young enough it might not matter in a few days that she missed a party. OR you could call one of the parents that you know will be going and see if they wouldn't mind picking her up and taking her. :) Good luck :)

Scooby and Jon said...

I have no opinion, but can come and babysit while M naps if you do decide to go.

crush said...

I think you should call a neighbor and tell them your predicament and see if they can take B to the party with them. If not, I'd stay home and take care of yourself. It's not worth the pain, contractions, worry and not to mention crabby kids.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking you could have somebody else take her. If you're fortunate to have another parent take B then just maybe you can get in a nap with M ;) I hope it all works out, but take care of yourself & baby i, he still needs to "cook" for two more months. Oh, and you could always call me!