Thursday, March 5, 2009

McDonalds or Chuck-A-Rama

So we've been painting like crazy, getting all the trim finished in the basement. (Pictures to come) Which means that our kids have been on their own the last couple days. They have played together really well and watched a little extra tv. B has been especially good at taking care of M and not beating her up. Big accomplishment. So to celebrate the finished paint and the exceptional big sister, we told B we would go to dinner wherever she wanted. Most of you know that she LOVES Olive Garden, which is usually fine with us 'cuz we'd rather eat there than McDonalds (soup, salad & breadsticks vs. chicken nuggets? no contest). We have had our fill of Olive Garden lately, though. If I ask her what she wants for dinner on any given night, she'd say meat, mashed potatoes, gravy, jello & peas. I have no idea where the peas come from, I never make them. But that's what she would eat 7 nights a week if I let her. (Her Uncle Brodie should be so proud.) So I told her about Chuck-A-Rama. I told her she could get all the meat, mashed potatoes, jello, & peas she could eat. I mentioned making your own ice cream sundae. She was sold! I asked twice if she was sure she didn't want to do McDonalds, since they have a playland and at Chuck-A-Rama she'd have to behave a lot more. She didn't care! So we went to Chuck-A-Rama last night and she loved it. She was in heaven! We even got M to eat something. It was all yummy and I'm now craving scones really bad (anyone have a good recipe?). That's our B. I'm pretty sure most kids her age would rather have McDonalds any day of the week. B is a meat & potatoes (with red jello and peas) kind of girl. Which is ok with her parents, since we eat where she eats!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, love the picture! Glad you guys had a nice dinner :)

Teresa said...

I love the scones at Chuck-a-Rama. Then of course I pile the honey butter on--real healthy. My kids think that place is awesome too because they can eat whatever and have as many drink refills that they want. I'm excited that your basement is almost finished. Yay1

Xena said...

not a good scone recipe, but easy! I just make them out of thawed Rhodes rolls. MMMM! Bytheway - I'm RSVPing - yes, I will try to make it to the shower next weekend:)

sunnytosh said...

That is so perfectly normal, I just love it. Go Brynn!