Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baby I has his own blanket! And other stuff...

We had a whirlwind weekend last week. My oldest sister came into town with her family and we threw a shower for my sister Scooby (twin boys!). It was nuts trying to get everything together on time, especially since I forgot what time I put on the invitations and it was at my house! We pulled it all together and the shower went great. Scooby got tons of cute stuff. Two people couldn't resist baby fever and got me something, too! We got some cute jammies for baby I that will match his two cousins - we'll get a pic of that one I'm sure! My Aunt also made me the most adorable blanket for baby I! Which is SO perfect because I didn't have a single boy blanket for our little guy. I'm posting a pic 'cuz it's so darn cute!


We also had a fun St. Patrick's Day. I was thinking of doing green meals, but to be honest the whole green milk thing used to make me SICK as a kid, so I didn't bother. I might have if I'd had the motivation to at least make pancakes, but whatever. The girls got new shirts, which they loved. I love this picture. It's the only one that got them both smiling, but both of them are blinking. We spent the afternoon/evening at Grandma's working on the Easter dresses we are making for the girls. Very low key, but that's all I was feeling up to!


And for a touch of randomness, I am lamenting our lack of running water. There is a leak in our outside pipes somewhere. No flooding, but I've been hearing water running when it shouldn't be for about a week now. So tomorrow our yard will be dug up to see if they can find the leak and fix it. Yuck. In the meantime we've turned all the water off so we aren't continually paying for water we're not even using. F-U-N.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt! Baby stuff is so much fun =)

Teresa said...

I love the quilt and the girls' shirts. So cute!! OH and I'm so sorry about the pipe. I hope you find the leak.