Saturday, November 15, 2008

New addition(s)

Admit it, some of you were fooled by that title! I'm not talking about new kids, I'm only cooking up one right now. We've had a few other new additions around our place this week. First, Husband got glasses! He was getting headaches more and more and couldn't see the score on the tv, so we left the kids with grandma and made an evening of going to the eye doctor and getting glasses. Then we went to dinner.... to celebrate? Ok, more just excited to be out and about with no kids. It took Husband a few days to get used to wearing glasses, but he says it's nice to be able to see without straining his eyes. Plus, I think he looks way hot and, if possible, smarter. I'd feel bad about posting his glasses pic, except that while we lived in the village he displayed an AWFUL picture of me taken first thing in the morning with pjs, messed up hair, and horrible glasses. Some of you remember how bad those glasses were. Lots of people saw that picture when they came to our apartment and it was embarrassing every time. So my guilt was very fleeting! Our second addition is our new tv! We were told when we moved into our house that now all we needed was a big screen tv. Note the use of the word need. We found a deal that we couldn't pass up. Husband can really see the screen now, what with the glasses and the big screen and all! B keeps saying "It's really big mom!" Merry Christmas to us. We're not much for actually open gifts to each other ON Christmas apparently. Last year Husband got me Lasik in October, so my present was to watch my kids unhindered by glasses or contacts! Best present I never unwrapped!

At B's request, I'm posting a picture of the "snakes" that go in her hair most Saturday nights. I love these curlers. It takes me 10 minutes to put all of her hair in, and they aren't uncomfortable to sleep on. They make perfect little ringlets so I just take them out Sunday morning and throw on a headband. Saves me half an hour of doing her hair. Some of you remember that her hair was naturally curly as a baby and all I had to do on Sundays was get it wet and comb it and she had perfect ringlets. Her hair's outgrown that now. It's gotten so long and needed a few trims along the way. I think all the trims cut the curlies out. It still holds curl really well, though! We used these for Halloween and she loved having her hair curly on a day that wasn't Sunday!




Our new tv


Husband with his girls and his glasses (and B with her curly hair!)

5 comments:

Happilyeverafterx3 said...

Fun stuff. Just one question. Where can I get some curlers like yours?

Tasha Challis said...

I would love to know the same thing! Those are the coolest things ever!

Hayley said...

Love those curls.

E is waiting patiently for his new TV in the mail. It's like a kid at Christmas. He knows it's coming, but not near fast enough.

Lewieville said...

So fun! I love early christmas presents!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the title fooled me. I was disappointed to find out that you're not expecting two. I guess you'll have your hands full as it is.