Monday, August 18, 2008

Vegetarians and pink princess shoes

Here is a picture of us eating our vegetarian dinner. We've had so much good stuff coming from our garden, we decided to make a meal of it all. Carrots, beans, tomatoes, corn & cucumbers. We also got some potatoes from Great-Grandma's garden. It is so fun to eat stuff that we grew ourselves!See the story below for the explanation on these...



So Husband needed some new shoes and decided to go shopping this past Saturday. I convinced him to take B on a date because she needed some new shoes as well. Most people wouldn't trust their husbands to pick out shoes for their children, but Husband knows what I like and hasn't failed me...until now. I should make very clear that it was completely not his fault. He had picked out some plain white sneakers which were exactly what I had in mind. However, the saleslady played dirty. She gave B a sticker with her shoe size on it and then pulled out a box with pink Disney princess shoes COVERED in glitter....and showed B how they light up. I swore B would never own obnoxious shoes like this. I guess this is what I get for swearing! Once B saw these she refused to try on anything else. Husband being the wrapped-around-his-daughter's-finger Daddy that he is, he caved and bought them. B has being tripping all over the house because she's watching her shoes light up instead of watching where she's going. For those of you who know her well, you know that she trips and walks into stuff enough as it is without the added distraction of light up shoes. Anyway, she's in love with her shoes and I'm sure they will go great with ALL of her clothes, right?

3 comments:

Holly said...

She's getting older. You have to start letting her pick things out. I'm not saying she should get what ever she wants when ever she wants, but if you don't let her have a little say in what she wears she will not learn to make the good choices later in life.
And yes, pink shoes look okay even with red clothes, just not on boys.

Brenda said...

Isn't a garden wonderful?!!! Ah the flashing red lights on shoes. At least now - you'll know where she's at when it's dark outside :)

sunnytosh said...

They are sooooo cute! I love her new shoes. How funny that she's tripping, but she'll get used to it.