Friday, August 15, 2008

Ready or Not...


B's first day of preschool!


Getting ready for the first day of ballet!

B started preschool and ballet last week. I can't remember when she got old enough to be out in the world like this! It is just hard to believe my sweet little tiny baby is in preschool! She is loving every minute of it, though. She loves her teacher and loves to learn. She comes home so excited every time! She is also loving her ballet class. The studio she's going to only had tights in her size, so we had to improvise her clothes for the first day. She does have a leotard and ballet shoes to go with her tights, now. She loves that she gets to wear her hair in a bun once a week. She really enjoys looking like a real ballerina! I like the studio that she's at because they're not really high pressure, they have very qualified teachers, and the owner advertises this place as modest. I LOVE that! All the music, performance clothes, and dances are modest. I wasn't too worried about ballet, but if she decides she wants to do jazz or hip hop, I don't want her learning stripper moves. Plus, all of the practice clothing must be modest or they send you home. This is a huge bonus for me! B has been asking for a year to try ballet. I figure if at 3 years old, she can be consistent about wanting something for a whole year, she must really want to do it. So far, it has brought nothing but joy to her! Hopefully it continues that way! I am enjoying that preschool is during M's nap time. 2 1/2 hours all to myself....what to do?

2 comments:

Lewieville said...

Haha, totally serves you right for continually being conservative with your shoe purchases!! I think they are cute, but your right, I wouldn't have bought them either.

Brenda said...

I can't believe how much she has grown. And now in school?!! Whatever are you going to do with your time?!! :)