Sunday, January 24, 2016

Busy, busy

It seems like I can always feel too busy to write things down, but my children remind me that I should whenever they read through our old blog books.  So I'm trying to stay more on top of it.

Big sister was nominated by one of her teachers for student of the week again.  She's currently learning a pretty difficult hymn on the piano, and she's taking it slow and doing well.  She was a big help to our neighbors this week - her best friend's sister got married on Friday, and big sister helped put things together for the wedding.  She's a good egg, this big sister is!

Little sister was off track this week, and loving it.  I love it, too!  I can get big sister off to school a couple of those mornings and then go back to bed.  Ah.  She is getting pretty good on her roller skates and is currently obsessed with a cupcake making game on her kindle.

Big brother can read.  My friends, this is just so huge to me.  We've been working on sight words for a while, and his teacher at school (who is AWESOME) has been drilling his class.  Something has clicked and he is just getting it!  So great!!  It's amazing how far he has come.  Always with that amazing smile of his.  We went bowling on Monday.  It was crowded and crazy, but big brother was in heaven, absolute heaven.  Sweetie boy.

Little brother is still our spunky spirit.  He and big brother having been using their light sabers to create "islands" like the ones in inside out.  I love watching their imaginations at work.  Little brother insisted on haircuts yesterday, because he really wanted spiky hair and his hair had gotten too long to spike it without massive amounts of gel.  He was excited to have spiky hair again at church today.


No comments: