Monday, February 8, 2016

going's on

Husband and I I took off January 29 and stayed at the Little America downtown.  Scooby and Jon (mostly Jon) watched the kiddos for us.  It was lovely.  We enjoyed a nice prime rib dinner, with a very attentive (if a bit abrupt) waitress.  She kept coming around the corner and bending right to my face to ask very loudly if she could get me anything.  It made us both jump and laugh.  We then watched Pirates of the Caribbean in our hotel room.  I love Johnny Depp in that one.  So funny.  It was so nice to have a break.  In the morning, we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet, which is still amazing.  Omelettes, cream cheese crepes, croissants, eggs benedict.  Delicious hot chocolate.  It was just a lovely lovely break!  Big thanks to Jon (and Scooby) for watching our kids.  We understand that big sister helped a lot, too.  She's a good egg, that one! 

 The next night was Stake Conference.  We usually go to dinner with some friends before the Saturday night meeting, so Cafe Rio didn't disappoint.  I love the adult session of Stake conference.  Always the best.  We were hearing from a couple who the wife was less active as a kid, the husband was baptized at 17 and then fell away.  They were sharing their experience of coming back to church and eventually making it to the temple to be sealed.  I thoroughly enjoyed the wife's talk.  The husband had just started talking when my phone rang.  It was Big sister, who was in charge at home so I stepped into the hall to answer it.  She was hysterical, saying  little sister had accidentally kicked her in the nose and it wouldn't stop bleeding.  Oh, dear.  So I went back in to get Husband and we hurried home.  By which time big sister's very mild bloody nose had stopped bleeding.  I was worried it might be broken, but fortunately it was just big sister overreacting to blood since she never gets bloody noses.  It would've been nice to go back and finish the meeting, but big sister was in no condition to put the other kids to bed at that point and little sister was sobbing because she felt horrible for hurting big sister.  So we stayed home and put them to bed.  Sunday morning both the girls participated in the children's choir.  They sang Come, Follow me, Gethsemane (LOVE that song!) and I wonder when He comes again.  We only had to entertain the boys for the whole 2 hours since the girls were up on the stand the whole time (and behaved pretty darn well, I must say.)  We actually got to listen to the speakers!  It was all really good. 

Last week on Tuesday, we got to go to the Provo City Center Temple Open House.  Ohmygoodness that temple is SO gorgeous!  Beautiful woodwork and stained glass throughout.  The church put out a video about how the tabernacle had burned down and then how the decision was made to restore it and make it a new temple, and the construction process.  We watched that for FHE Monday night and then our activity was touring it Tuesday morning.  I love that there have been so many temples built around us recently.  My kids have gone through a lot of temples!  Ogden, Payson, Draper, Oquirrh Mountain, and now the Provo City Center.  They are closing the Jordan River at the end of this week and renovating the inside for about 2 years, after which they'll do another open house.  That one's a little bitter sweet, it's my favorite temple and I hate for it to change too much.  It was dedicated the year I was born and is the temple where I first did baptisms, went through for the first time and married Husband.  He had all those first's there, as well.  Big sister is a bit sad she won't get to do her first baptisms there in May 'cuz it'll be closed.  I'm excited that the kids will get to go through the Open House, though.  I'm sure it will be beautiful when they're finished.  Anyway.  After our tour, we headed home.  We had to stop off in Orem at the Krispy Kreme, though.  The hot light was even on!  YAY!  Oh, it made me miss my Kylie, though. 

Saturday we did some whole house cleaning.  I think we've been in hibernating mode for a while and it had gotten a bit ridiculous.  So everybody pitched in and we did the whole house.  At one point little sister said she felt like we were getting ready for a birthday party or something.  LOL   I told her that we usually don't let it get so messy that we need to do the whole thing all in one shot.  Funny girl. 

Yesterday we got to watch our beloved Broncos beat the Panthers in the Super Bowl.  It was fantastic!  The kids all insisted on being decked out in orange and blue, and the girls and I even painted our nails accordingly.  We have spirit, yes we do!

No comments: