Friday, June 17, 2011

Some backyard fun tonight...

For our anniversary, husband got me a porch swing and I got him a fire pit. They are the perfect addition to our backyard. We've used the swing in the last few days, and tonight we broke in the fire pit by roasting marshmallows. The kiddos loved it, although little sister seemed unsure most of the time. When she said in her prayer tonight "Thank Thee that we can go camping" I knew she had enjoyed it. She kept scooting her chair back, and really prefers plain marshmallows to roasted ones. I got out all the s'more stuff, and she likes the chocolate and graham crackers, too. Just one at a time, not all sandwiched together. Funny girl. We had fun and now we all smell like campfire. Yay! And here's some pictures for your enjoyment. We even managed to get a couple of niece in there...

The girls with their new best friend

Big brother and niece enjoying the flames. (I also love that my peony bush is exploding in the background!)

Big sister and little sister, scooting back as far as they can! At least they don't try to get too close.

Husband putting the grate back on/playing with the fire.

No comments: