Friday, June 17, 2011

A ballerina and our new addition!

Big sister had her ballet recital this past week. She did a beautiful job. I am amazed at how graceful she is capable of being! I think we have finally found a studio that fits her just right. Usually after a recital she is excited to take the summer off and talks like she doesn't ever want to do ballet again. This time, she talked about how much she would miss her friends and can't wait to go back in the fall. YAY! She looked beautiful in her costume, and just a bit too grown up. Little sister loved watching the dancing and really got into it during the Jazz classes performances. We may have to start her next year!

Big sister and little sister before the show

Posing like a ballerina

So graceful!

I know some of you thought I was announcing the arrival of little brother with that "new addition" part. No baby yet! We are currently at 37 weeks and I am dilated to a 2. The doctor says any day now, so I guess I better get a bag together. We have the next best thing, though. My niece officially moved in to our guest room today! She graduated from high school a year early and is ready to take on the world. Her current plan is to find a job and start college and she'll be staying with us while she gets that plan rolling. The kiddos are very excited. Big sister has been talking her ear off and little sister patted her on the arm and said "We will take good care of you!" It is amazing to me that she grew from this...



and this...

to a young woman ready to be on her own! I don't have a current picture of her right now, but I'm sure we'll get one soon. And her mother and I think that big sister looks a lot like my niece did at that age, especially with the glasses. It will be nice to have some extra help when this baby does come!

No comments: