Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Another year under our belts...

Today we celebrated another anniversary! We celebrated with husband working a 12 hour shift and wife staying home and cleaning the windows. Woohoo! We know how to partay! Wife did get up and make belgian waffles and bacon before husband left for work. And last weekend we did go out to the Desert Star. I'm still ridiculously head-over-heels for this guy, and I'm pretty sure he likes me back! I thought that perhaps I should write down a few funny things that I would like to remember about our wedding.

I was insistent about wearing my wedding dress the whole day. I figured you only get to wear it once, you should make the most of it. Especially considering how much wedding dresses cost! Unfortunately, despite his very best efforts, husband was unable to get the car washed before he came to pick me up to go to the temple. His car was dirty. So when I went to climb in after we were done at the temple and ready to head over to the luncheon, some of my dress rubbed against the dirt. There was no getting it out. I (miraculously) did not panic. We made several phone calls and found a dry cleaner that could spot clean the dress in time for the reception that night. Husband felt so bad, but I was so happy that we were married that I honestly didn't care if I had to go through the whole reception in my plain white shirt and khaki skirt. We managed to pick up the dress in time and the stain was completely gone. In hindsight, I should have at least removed the gigantic petticoat from underneath so the dress was more manageable. Ah, well. I also ended up getting a huge chocolate cake stain on my shirt at the luncheon, compliments of the cute niece you see on my lap in the above picture. So it's probably better I wasn't wearing the dress at the luncheon!

So excited to be almost done with the reception!


We were cake smashers. We agreed upon this months before we got married. And it was fun. Husband is a natural - he managed to push chocolate cake up my nose. That's talent, my friends! This is one of big sister's favorite parts of our wedding video - she thinks it's so funny to see her parents acting like hooligans.

And lastly, here is husband's car. He did go wash it while my sister and I dropped off my dress at the cleaners, but it didn't last long. Our car was covered with decorations. After leaving the reception, he stopped and removed most of it so that he could see out of the windshield. Even after removing most of the stuff, we got pulled over. The cop said the amount of stuff on our car was a hazard. Seriously, what kind of cop pulls over a car with a Just Married sign on the back and wants to give the couple a ticket for creating a hazard? Husband told him that we'd already stopped and removed most of the decorations, but that since he was dressed in a suit and tie he wasn't prepared to wash the car completely down. The cop informed us that on his wedding night he stopped at the carwash and completely cleaned his car before going to the hotel. I felt like saying "Oh, you hopeless romantic, you. I bet your new bride appreciated that!" But I refrained. He let us off with a warning, thanks goodness. A ticket would have been the perfect end to the evening, eh? We stopped the next day at a carwash and completely cleaned the car off, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Harris House said...

Happy Anniversary Becks!! You two still look the same, haven't aged a bit!