Big sister is one cool kid. She has her moments where she is a little stinker, as all of us do. But overall, she is pretty darned awesome. She has gotten so excited for each baby we've had, and has loved being mommy's helper. She even takes care of mommy during the pregnancy part. She will get everybody up and get them their cereal so that I can sleep in once in awhile. She'll come and cuddle me when I need to just lay down for awhile. She plays with little sister and big brother, usually making them laugh more than either of her parents ever could! They adore her, and she sets a pretty good example for them. She started a new dance class last week. She was ever so nervous, being the new kid in the class. But she did great! There was another new girl in the class, which was helpful. Her new teacher told me that she picked right up on things. Big sister came out of her class with a HUGE smile on her face, and was raving about her new teacher, her new friends, and how she just loved it all and was so glad we'd switched. I think we've finally found the right fit for her. It was wonderful to see that she remembered why she loved dance in the first place. She is definitely our little ballerina! Lately she's been asking a lot of questions about the scriptures. I think that comes with the Primary's new theme for the year - I know the Scriptures are true. She has really expressed interest in reading the Book of Mormon before she turns 8. She turns 7 this year, so she's got some time! But she really wants to do it. Yesterday, as I sat in our wonderful Relief Society meeting and listened to the challenge for the women to read and finish the Book of Mormon before May 6, I just knew I needed to do this challenge with my oldest daughter. When I suggested it to her, she got so excited! I told her we would have to give up reading her other books for bedtime stories and just read the Book of Mormon. She was just fine with that and wanted to get started right away. I am so glad that she has a desire to have her own testimony, to know for herself why we believe what we do. It is a wonderful thing to have this sweet baby girl for a daughter. And that is my ode to big sister!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

2 comments:
When we read with Ethan when he was that age, we used a condensed version that you read only the story line and leave out the other stuff (like the Isiah quotes, etc). It was a great way to read the BOM for the first time and he understood a lot more than when we were reading everything on the page. It was also easier for him to keep his focus. I'm not sure what I did with it, but if you are interested, I can try to find it for you.
Big Sister is a truly wonderful young lady, as is her mommy!
Post a Comment