New Year's is becoming a family holiday around here. The girls had so much fun going to IHOP last year that we decided to do it again. As soon as husband got off work we headed down to the IHOP. Little sister walked in and said "It's so beautiful!" She doesn't get out much. Or maybe IHOP really is beautiful to a 3-year-old! We enjoyed some yummy breakfast food and then headed home for the real treat. We broke out the chocolate fountain! We hadn't used it since before big brother was born because we'd lost the top piece. It creates the suction you need to start the fountain. After a little online research, I discovered that I could just use a marshmallow to get it going. It worked just fine, thankfully. We had marshmallows, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, and raspberries. The kids loved it! We also bought a package of noisemakers and hats. We made a lot of noise around 9pm and the kids were convinced they were really celebrating New Year's. We went to bed before midnight ourselves. I know. We are party animals! New Year's Day we slept in (I LOVE that my kids will sleep in if they stay up late!) and had yummy orange rolls for breakfast. Then we spent the day taking Christmas stuff down and cleaning the house. We topped it all off with a yummy steak dinner at home. It was all low key and wonderful. Little sister told me several times that she "lubbed" everything. I can't think of any other way I'd rather spend New Year's!

The yummy chocolate fountain

The girls and daddy in their party hats

Mommy was very tired by this point...
No comments:
Post a Comment