Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ready

5 big ol' pumpkins in our garden, waiting to become masterpieces on Halloween!
(Seriously, they are BIG pumpkins!)


I am ready for fall. I love every season, and I'm not one to really complain much about the weather. But I don't really love being hot. So usually by the time September hits, I am ready for fall. Autumn is one of my favorites, I think. It kicks off some really fun holidays, like Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love that it's cool but not cold yet. I love the clothes. I love apple cider, various pumpkin goodies, yummy soups, chowders, and stews. I love cuddling under a blanket with a good book or movie, and turning the fireplace back on. I love that crisp feel to the air, not to mention the crisp smell of the air! I love that my kitchen is cool enough to do some baking in. *sigh* Unfortunately for me, fall is not really ready to arrive. It was somewhere around 90 today. On the bright side, my kids are still running around outside and I don't have to worry about jackets and sneakers! And I haven't felt compelled to winterize my gardens yet, because my flowers are all still going strong! And I still have lots of yummy fresh tomatoes!
P.S. Please ignore the massive quantities of morning glory in my garden. I was winning the battle most of the summer, until we went on vacation. Darn.

2 comments:

Harriet Toothfighter said...

You know, if you really love fall, you should experience it in New England. There really is no better place for fall. Not that I'm biased or anything. And I envy your pumpkins. My one pumpkin is still green. But pretty.

Harriet Toothfighter said...

Pumpkin soup arriving with you on my doorstep is and always will be welcome.