Friday, August 13, 2010

San Francisco

I made it to and from San Francisco, and did not leave my heart there! I totally forgot to bring my camera, though. Ah, well. I went with my mom and sister and we saw Wicked. It. Was. Awesome. The show, anyway. The cast did an amazing job and it was so fun! The next day we thought we'd walk around and do some shopping. We went to Ghiradelli Square. Which any other day would have been way cool. Unfortunately, we picked the same day to visit as the "Bag Monster" group. Here's a picture and what their website posted:

Ghiradelli Square Invaded by 100 Bag Monsters!

Upwards of 100 Bag Monsters joined me today in a march through Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco to show support AB 1998. Here is a photo and some raw video footage from the event:




There's a video that shows them walking down some stairs by the shops. yup, we were in one of those shops and had to wait for them all to go by. They want to tax plastic bags because people don't always dispose of them properly, and the people who are struggling to buy groceries don't want to pay for the bags to put those groceries in. And the debate ensued. Oh, and we also got to drive past the courthouse where all the protesters on both sides of prop 8 and whole bunch of media were hanging out. All the protesting put us off our shopping a little. It's not the friendliest environment - So we left and ended up doing some serious shopping at the Vacaville, CA outlet mall. I highly recommend that place - we may have to make that one an annual tradition. 120 stores and it was actually good stuff at cheap prices. We had more fun there than in San Francisco, actually. It was a quick trip, but a nice break for me. Big thanks to husband for being on his own with the kids for 2 days, and to my other sister for taking them this morning! Next up: posting pics of the cabin. I promise I'll get to that soon!

1 comment:

sunnytosh said...

Isn't it great how a group like that can come to SF and totally not enjoy it? I'm glad you all had fun and wish I could have been there also.