Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A little bit o' catch up

The first weekend in August we headed up with Husband's family for a little R & R at the cabin. It was beautiful weather. A little on the cool side, but we'd rather that than have it too hot to play outside! Every day, the heavens opened up and we got some serious rain. Fortunately, it was always around the time that lunch was over and we were ready to swim in the indoor pool. We rode four wheelers, bowled, watched movies, went swimming, and in general just enjoyed being together. The kids all had a blast, as you can see by their faces in the pictures. I warn you; there's a lot of pictures!


The kids and daddy, loving the pool.


Little sister LOVED the water. She was jumping in all over the place, and we were scrambling sometimes to catch her before she drowned! No fear for this little girl! That grin on her face was pretty permanent.

All the grandkids on this side of the family. It took a few tries to get this shot.


Big sister and her cousin, riding with grandpa in the go-cart. Grandpa is paralyzed on the right side, so can't always participate fully. But we discovered this year that he can drive the go-cart around the property. It's hard to tell who loved the rides more - grandpa or the grandkids!


Big sister is ready for a ride!


Tinkering with the four wheelers


Little sister loved going for rides with daddy in the go-cart. (love her face here!)


Did I mention we celebrated this guy's birthday while we were there? Happy Birthday Husband!


Little brother going for a ride with daddy.


Some seriously handsome men

*If you noticed there are no pictures of wife, don't worry. I was there. Pictures of me don't happen unless I hand the camera to someone and say "take a picture of me!" I wasn't feeling that vain this time around...

Little sister had her first day of school last week! Oh, was she ever excited! She was bouncing with anticipation waiting for the bus, and was so excited to go to "Miss Kiersten's HOUSE!" Pardon the blurriness of the picture - it was raining cats and dogs and a rather persistent door to door salesgirl showed up at this moment, so I was trying to get rid of the sales girl and take the picture without getting wet all at the same time.


And last but not least, husband must love wife very much, because we went to browse at a quilt shop the other day and ended up coming home with this:

I absolutely love it. Our old set wasn't really old, but the skirt was getting shredded by the kids. So we wanted something different. We went into the shop so I could show husband what I wanted, and they had one on clearance! About $60 off the regular price! It goes so well with the furniture and the paint. Thanks honey!

3 comments:

Big Mama LeAnne said...

Please Please Please will you send me a photo of the mural of the temple that was in the I sold my soul post?
Thanks!

Spring said...

I would if I knew who you were and where to send it... ;)

Tawny Hawkins said...

Pretty blue quilt! I like it!
You need to talk more & tell me this stuff at Sunday dinner. I never get to talk to you during the week.